arroz de verduras.
vegan PAELLA RICE class
+ tapa: toast with escalivada
A vegan paradise - in this class you will learn how to make a delicious Vegan Paella Rice. This recipe showcases summer vegetables like courgettes and fresh peas. Sweet pimentón (Spanish Paprika) and saffron are essential to any authentic paella. The latter is made from the stamens of crocuses – which explains why it’s so expensive. Fortunately, you only need to use a very small amount.
To complement the rice dish you will also learn how to prepare one of the most popular tapas in Catalonia - Toast with Escalivada, a delectable salad made with roasted vegetables.
- Arroz de Verduras (Vegan Paella rice)
- Toast with Escalivada
You will learn to:
- Make a 'Mise en place' list (organize the ingredients and cooking plan)
- Clean, peel and cut vegetables (knife skills)
- Fry (different techniques)
- Prepare sofrito for rice dishes (tomato flavour base)
- Measure and pour rice into a Paella pan
- Cook Vegan Paella rice
- Prepare and roast vegetables for Escalivada
Welcome enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the course and meeting your fellow chefs
From 6:45pm watch our chef demo two dishes then recreate each dish in groups of three at your workstation.
Dinner 9pm– At our long ‘en famille’ dining table with a glass or two of beer you will be presented with a London Paella School certificate.
Click to select a gift card.