half day special 'world tapas day' cookery class
Enjoy learning all about Tapas dishes to be ready to celebrate the'World Tapas Day' on 21st June 2019 with this special half day Tapas disches cooking class provided by our chef founder Xavier Meroño in our kitchens at Hoxton London.
You will learn how to cook authentic Tapas dishes using fresh ingredients such as seafood, fish, meat and vegetables. Some of the Tapas that you will learn to cook are Iberico Ham croquettes, Ajillo king prawns, Chipirones rellenos en su tinta (stuffed baby squid in his ink) and much more.
You will be provided with a detailed knowledge of the key culinary techniques you will be using to create the dishes. To enhance your understanding and help you recreate these delightful plates of food at home you will also receive a full recipe pack. This course is suitable for anyone who enjoys cooking, with no experience necessary.
You will learn to:
- Make a 'Mise en place' list (organizing the ingredients and cooking plan)
- Fry (different techniques)
- Cut vegetables (knife skills)
- Prepare meats
- Prepare ham roux for croquettes
- Cook 'Txipirones en su tinta' Stuffed baby squids i his ink'
- Prepare 'All i Oli' sauce
- Cook 'Calamares a la Andaluza'
- Cook 'Tarta de Santiago' almonds cake
Welcome enjoy a drink and a tapa while browsing the recipes for the course and meeting your fellow chefs
From 12:30pm watch our chef demo two dishes then recreate each dish in groups of three at your workstation.