half day special seafood paella & seafood tapas cookery class
Enjoy learning all about Seafood Paella rices and seafood tapas with the half day Seafood Paella & Tapas cookery class provided by our founder chef Xavier Meroño in our kitchens in Hoxton London.
You will learn how to cook authentic dishes using fresh ingredients such as rice, seafood, fish and vegetables like seafood stock, seafood preparation, rice varieties and origen, 'arrós del senyoret' (shell-less seafood paella), creamy lobster rice, Mussels in Vermouth, 'Calamares a la andaluza with allioli sauce' and Santiago almonds cake.
You will be provided with a detailed knowledge of the key herbs and spices you will be using to create the dishes. To enhance your understanding and help you recreate these delightful plates of food at home you will also receive a full recipe pack. This course is suitable for anyone who enjoys cooking, with no experience necessary.
You will learn to:
- Make a 'Mise en place' list (organizing the ingredients and cooking plan)
- Fry (different techniques)
- Cut vegetables (knife skills)
- Cook seafood stock
- Prepare 'sofrito' paste for rice dishes (tomato flavour base)
- Measure and pour rice into a Paella pan
- Cook 'arrós del senyoret' shell-less seafood paella rice
-Cook creamy lobster paella rice
- Paella 'Socarrat' technique
- Cook Vermouth Mussels
- Cook 'Txipirones en su tinta' Stuffed baby squids i his ink'
- Prepare 'All i Oli' sauce
- Cook 'Calamares a la Andaluza'
- Cook 'Tarta de Santiago' almonds cake
Welcome enjoy a drink and a tapa while browsing the recipes for the course and meeting your fellow chefs
From 12:30pm watch our chef demo two dishes then recreate each dish in groups of three at your workstation.