CREAMY blue crab PAELLA rice
The Blue Crab is an invasive spice in the wetlands of La Albufera lake in Valencia and in the river Ebro Delta in Tarragona-Catalonia, from the West Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
After the first effects of their voracious appetite shearing the native fauna, the local fishermen and cooks of both areas decided to give them a commercial outlet for their high culinary value.
Currently, the blue crab is becoming a classic in the creamy paella rice dishes in many restaurants in the Valencia area and in the Ebro Delta area in Tarragona.
Now you can learn how to cook a fantastic creamy paella rice with this tasty crustacean, easy to found at many Londoner fishmongers.
- Creamy Blue Crab Paella Rice
You will learn to:
- Make a 'Mise en place' list (organize the ingredients and cooking plan)
- Clean and prepare Blue Crab and seafood
- Cook 'fumet' (red fish stock)
- Fry (different techniques)
- Prepare sofrito for rice dishes (tomato flavour base)
- Chop onions (different techniques)
- Make Allioli sauce (emulsion techniques)
- Measure and pour rice into a Paella pan
- Cook Creamy Blue Crab Paella rice
Welcome enjoy a drink and a tapa while browsing the recipes for the course and meeting your fellow chefs
From 6:15pm watch our chef paella demo then recreate the recipe in groups of two at your workstation.
Dinner 7:30pm– At our long ‘en famille’ dining table with a glass or two of wine you will be presented with a London Paella School diploma
Click to select a gift card.