arroz a banda.
Paella rice with fish broth class
+ tapa: gazpacho
Learn how to cook this original fish and seafood paella rice! The recipe is very popular along Spain´s Mediterranean coast, from Murcia, through Alicante to Catalonia.
The name of the dish ”A Banda ” means ”on the side”. This is because of its pecularity - traditionally the fish and vegetables used in cooking the broth base are served as a second course. It´s essential to accompany this dish with Allioli sauce, which you will whip us yourself too.
Alongside this Paella rice you will learn to prepare a king of summer tapas in Spain: Gazpacho - a cold vegetable soup.
- Arroz a Banda (Paella Rice with Fish Broth)
- Gazpacho Andaluz
- Allioli sauce
You will learn to:
- Make a 'Mise en place' list (organize the ingredients and cooking plan)
- Clean, peel and cut vegetables (knife skills)
- Clean and prepare fish
- Cook 'fumet' (red fish stock)
- Fry (different techniques)
- Prepare sofrito for rice dishes (tomato flavour base)
- Chop onions (different techniques)
- Make Allioli sauce (emulsion techniques)
- Measure and pour rice into a Paella pan
- Cook Arroz a Banda
- Blend vegetables for Gazpacho
Welcome enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the course and meeting your fellow chefs
From 6:45pm watch our chef demo two dishes then recreate each dish in groups of three at your workstation.
Dinner 9pm– At our long ‘en famille’ dining table with a glass or two of beer you will be presented with a London Paella School certificate.
Click to select a gift card.